We’re thrilled to welcome the bubbly and incredibly talented Lauren to our development team. With her fantastic attitude and top-notch skills, we know she’ll fit in here perfectly.
We sat down with Lauren to get to know her a little better:
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Little Giant?
I’m an artist, guitar player, fisherwoman and mother of 2 crazies. People call me Lauren or Lolly (friends and family). My position at Little Giant is Server-side Developer.
2. What made you want to work with us?
The awesome atmosphere and positive vibe just walking through the door.
3. What was your journey like to get you where you are?
I began with studying two Diplomas at Natcoll in Web Design and Web Development, when I started my first graduate I also taught an Introductory Web Development course in the evenings. After a year and a half under my belt, I took some time off to have my children… two sleepless years later got back in the game working with Wordpress for a year, moving on to work in custom CMS development for a few years. Now, time for a change and upskill brings me to LG.
4. Who in your life inspires you?
My dad inspires me through all his hard work, finding a solution to any problem and never giving up!
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement to date and why?
I think pursuing my career, raising two little ones and running a household on my own is a great achievement combined.
6. What are you best known for?
Karaoke (although probably not for being good haha).
7. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?
I sent my best friend a pic of an extremely unattractive face I was pulling and accidentally sent it to everyone on my Facebook… You’d think I would know how to use Facebook being a Web Developer haha.
8. Favourite 90’s jam?
Pearl Jam - Black.
9. What are three things that really bother you, but most people don’t mind?
A knife and fork cutting on a plate, gherkins and olives - I don’t know why they exist yuck!
10. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
It would have to get quite a large backyard! I'd have my kids friends over on the weekends for elephant rides :)
We're always on the look out for talented people to join our team! Check out our current vacancies here.
Design, Marketing & Technology news, Monthly (ish)
Thanks! You've been subscribed.
Oops, there was an error.
It only takes one click to unsubscribe.